Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Crowning Moment

Being crowned Miss New Jersey Junior National Teenager was very exciting and "fantabulous". My category had a great group of girls that were beautiful from the inside out. No matter what the outcome would have been I had an awesome weekend. Thanks a bunch to Mrs. Weick, Brenna, Heidi and Madison for sharing this weekend. My Preteen sister, Madison, and I have been friends for years but never pageant sisters so this year should be extra fun. I can not wait to see my other sorrority sisters, Samantha and Kara, compete as well as the sweethearts. For me the crown is about more than smiles, outer beauty and "world peace". It is about the opportunties provided to young girls like myself to earn scholarship, volunteer in our communities and all the while honing interpersonal skills and boosting self-confidence. I am looking forward to a year long journey filled with great memories and new friends. "Each day comes to me with both hands full of possibilities." -Helen Keller.

No comments:

Post a Comment