Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dream, Imagine and Believe





















I have three rocks that read Dream, Imagine and Believe. They were given to me by Mom who has always encouraged me to believe in myself and they serve as great reminders.

Since I was a little girl I have wanted to play the harp. My grandparents would take my brother and I to see the Nutcracker when we were younger. After the show we would always go to the Hotel Du Pont. While most would have visions of Sugar plums in their head I was fascinated by the harp player and the beautiful music filling the air. As I sat there I imagined myself and believed that one day I would play this beautiful instrument. Well that dream has come true and I recently picked out my very own harp. It is making it’s way here from Virginia and I will soon begin my journey with lessons. I am so excited!

Imagining that we can make a difference in the lives of others is really important to me and I have been fortunate enough to continue to share “The Bullying Stops Here!” message. Over the last several months, I have to spoken to groups of fourth graders, met with a Brownie Troop, taken pledges in exchange for Anti-Bullying wrist bands and shared my message with my teachers and peers at the middle school. My lyrical dance is something that I enjoy sharing as it is dedicated to those who are bullied. I hope that it gives them courage to know that they are not alone, there is help and they are “Strong Enough” to overcome.
Dreams do come true especially for family friend and newly crowned Miss New Jersey, Katharyn Nicolle. She is a true example of believing in oneself and ultimately achieving her goals. I’m thrilled to be traveling to Las Vegas to see Katie compete and support her in the journey of becoming Miss America. It will surely be the experience of a lifetime!

Someone once asked me what I felt was the best thing about being a teen. For me the best thing is having the freedom to discover who I am, by exploring and pursuing my own interests. Although I consider myself a “work in progress”, as my world is always expanding, I know that my parents will be there to help guide and support me as I grow into the person I am meant to be.

If you believe in yourself you will be able to achieve those things that you dream and imagine!

Happy summer!

Lots of love,

Mackenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment