Sunday, September 25, 2011

No Ordinary Moments

























For me, I believe there are no ordinary moments, and recently being crowned Miss Cape Shores Outstanding Teen is no exception. Not only did I get a fabulous director, Mrs. Anne Bird, but she is also has been a remarkable mentor to me. For a short period of time, I was also blessed to have role model and friend, Kaitlin Davis as my big sister. It was another exciting moment when a tall, blonde, interview winner (just like myself) became my new big sister. I look forward to sharing a great year with Miss Cape Shores, Courtney Charatsaris.

On August 11th I was invited to the National Liberty Museum to receive the Young Heroes Award. I was one of 32 teens presented with this honor as an individual who works for positive change in my school and community. I was thrilled to be one them and to be recognized for my work with Crowns For A Cause, She’s The First and The Bullying Stops Here! It’s very exciting to know that my story will be in the museum for an entire year. As any one my fellow heroes would tell you, the things we do aren’t for recognition, it is to see a smile on someone’s face and to know that you helped to make that smile!

Last Saturday I participated in a mud run with some of my fellow crownheads. It was four miles of crazy, muddy, obstacle course fun! Anyone who knows me would have never thought in a million years I would do such a thing….I am not very athletically inclined and I definitely don’t like to get dirty! It was a cold and rainy day but our group, “Filthy, Fierce and Fabulous” still managed to finish the entire race, (and still had smiles on our faces). It was fun, challenging, and all for a good cause. This was way out of my comfort zone and I learned that by challenging my self, I can help change the world. Who’s up to the challenge of getting dirty for the cause with me next year?

How amazing is it that when we realize every moment of every day consists of lessons and messages? Not only can we learn something about ourselves, but about the lives and stories, and importance of other people.

Happy fall y’all,
Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment